Thursday, August 14, 2008

Happy Birthday to...ME!


I had such a fantastic 25th birthday. I am SO spoiled. Jake took the day off work and scheduled a babysitter. We left at about 9:30 AM and went to Lagoon (an amusement park) where we did the SkyCoaster FIRST THING. For anyone who doesn't know what that is, you get strapped into a harness and they clip you side by side and raise you 150 feet in the air. Then you pull your rip cord and drop head first the whole 150 feet. It was so scary but SO much fun. That was my third time doing it, but for some reason it was the scariest. Anyway, then we went on all the fun rides and then to the water park area and went on the slides, and then just chilled on the lazy river on inner tubes. Then we left Lagoon and went to our favorite creamery, Leatherbys for an ice cream cone. After that we
headed to the Gateway Mall in Salt Lake and went shopping. I got the CUTEST dress, and some sandals and shirts:) Then we went to dinner at our very favorite restaurant, Tucanos Brazillian Grill. On our way home we stopped and got a cake and some candles and ice cream to have with the kiddos. When we got there, the babysitter Courtney had helped the kids make and decorate a birthday cake for me! She's such a sweetheart. Anyway, so we sang happy birthday twice (2 cakes-the boys insisted), once with me making a wish and blowing out the candles, and the other time with the boys making wishes and blowing them out:) What a fun day. It couldn't have been more perfect. I have the greatest family on earth. So, so blessed.

4 comments:

ecuakim said...

Happy Birthday Toby! How fun!!! Way to go Jake for making it so special!!! Would you mind passing some hints along to your brother in law?? ;) I'm glad you had so much fun...you totally deserve it Toby.

Rachel said...

That sounds fabuloso! What a good husband. That is seriously what every woman wants, just a day off from the everyday routine! And fun surprises! Good job, Jake. You da man. And Happy Birthday, Toby!

Rachel said...

P.S. I love the SkyCoaster. That is one of the most fun things I have ever done.

tomiannie said...

What a fun day! I can't believe you packed so much into one day. And I'm so jealous you got to go to Leatherby's -- that's my favorite! Happy birthday, Toby!